Heavy Construction Plant Field Service Engineer (Essex)
Workforce Staffing Ltd
Brentwood, Essex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Marubeni - Komatsu Ltd is one of the UK's largest distributors of "heavy equipment", and the good news is we're growing.
Our Mission is to be the customers first choice, not just because of the amazing innovative products we supply, but also because we aim to provide total customer satisfaction.
Marubeni - Komatsu was founded in the UK in 1972 and moved to our Head Office in Redditch in 1975. We have 5 depots strategically placed around the UK to ensure that we can service our customers in a timely manner using our extensive force of highly skilled Field Service, Routine Maintenance, and Workshop Engineers.
Today we supply some of the world's most exciting and innovative products into the market place, including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC), and Hybrid Excavators that can reduce fuel use by up to 35%.
You will be home based reporting to the Slough Office covering Essex and the surrounding area as part of our on-site presence, ensuring that all of our products are maintained in line with the service schedule, and ensuring that any breakdowns are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
Therefore, you will be proficient in fault finding and diagnostics, you will be at the top of your game and will understand the importance of ensuring all products are working to the top of their ability.
As well as being an adept engineer with relevant qualifications, you will be good at maintaining a clean and organised work environment, and great at the associated paperwork. You will be a good communicator, both with the Client, and the team on-site and back in the Slough office.
What's on offer
You will be receiving a competitive rate of pay, and after a qualifying period, you will be eligible to join a generous Pension Scheme. We provide a Company Van for business purposes only, 22 days holiday including shutdown at Christmas.
You will be working as a part of a cohesive and friendly team playing a pivotal part in the way things are done.
* Attend machine breakdowns at customer sites and effect repairs to ensure minimum machine down time
* Carry out scheduled servicing of machines at customer sites.
* Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines and carry out repairs as necessary.
* To ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and on time.
* Ensure that service reports, time sheets etc are completed correctly and submitted on time.
* To carry out any other general duties within the capability of the post holder, that may be requested from time to time by management.
* Apprenticeship in Construction Plant Maintenance and Repair or relevant experience in heavy construction equipment.
* Knowledge of auto-electrics; engines; transmissions; hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Ability to diagnose faults on heavy construction equipment and carry out repairs.
* Able to work under pressure and on own initiative without supervision.
* Self-motivated and able to work to very high standards.
* Promote the objectives and activities of the company at all times.
* Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
* To participate and engage in any job-related training and individual development.
* Be civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, manageent, suppliers and customers.
* To take all reasonable steps to protect the company's premises and property and to avoid misuse of equipment and other materials provided.
* To adhere to the Health and Safety regulations and practice safe working methods to prevent personal injury or injury to colleagues or others.
* NVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance (Construction)
* A qualification/apprenticeship in Heavy plant and Machinery or equivalent is a must, as you are not allowed on site without one.
Please ensure that you have the required qualifications as listed and click on apply. We will be shortlisting candidates over the next couple of weeks and arranging interviews shortly afterwards.
A qualification/apprenticeship in Heavy plant and Machinery or equivalent is a must, as you are not allowed on site with out one