Health and Accident Insurance Agent
Austin, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
Ref ID: 00679058
Classification: Health and Accident Insurance Agent
Robert Half is looking for self-motivated, highly-driven licensed health insurance agents to assist our client, a benefit platform, in supporting their members during the annual Open Enrollment period!
Our client is building the world's first Portable Benefits Platform designed specifically for the independent workforce. Whether you're hustling to deliver food to customers, designing amazing graphics as a freelancer, helping people buy their dream homes as a real estate agent or working for yourself in any other capacity, Stride is here to help you save time and money on everything from health insurance to taxes.
Companies like Uber, Instacart, Postmates, DoorDash, Etsy, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Task Rabbit, Gap and more use Stride to help their non-benefited workers get the benefits they need to stay physically and financially healthy.
About The Role:
We're looking for licensed insurance agents to join our client's award-winning customer service team. You'll provide expert advice and assistance to members across their growing product suite, at every critical touchpoint of the experience.
Interacting through email, live chat, and telephone, you will help members make informed decisions about their benefits and taxes, interface with insurance companies and healthcare marketplaces on members' behalf, and continuously enhance the value members get. As a first responder, you'll be their eyes and ears, translating the voice of the member into product insights, member-facing content, and operational policies that enable them to better meet members' needs.
• Deliver seamless customer service across all communication channels and products, from the minute someone first contacts, through the rest of their time with the process.
• Educate, recommend, and help members enroll in health insurance and ancillary coverage
• Handle contacts in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner while utilizing active listening skills and stellar grammar
Contact Nwamaka Ofodu for more information -
What we're looking for:
• Must have an active Health & Accident insurance agent license in your state of residence and pass a background check (will be dealing with sensitive information)
• A passion for customer service-you're excited to own the customer experience and make an impact on members
• Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills - you have a natural finesse for communicating complex topics and putting people at ease
• Tech-savvy: aptitude in Windows and Mac OS, proficient using basic office software tools (MSOffice, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.), ability to pick up new technology quickly
• Possess a solid understanding of health insurance and how the healthcare industry works, including Healthcare.gov and the Affordable Care Act
• Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress
• Superb organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
• Ability to make sound decisions independently and in high-pressure situations
• Readiness to work early-morning, late-evening, weekend shifts and some overtime as needed
Cherries on Top:
• Bilingual - Spanish is a plus!
• 1+ year(s) of experience working in a customer/client-facing role in a high-performing, customer-focused organization
• Experience using cloud-based customer support software (e.g. Zendesk) and CRMs, with a focus on using technology to streamline customer support and sales operations
• Solid understanding of health insurance and how the healthcare industry works
• Knowledge of ancillary insurance products
• Have worked as / prepared your taxes as a 1099 worker or basic familiarity with the individual tax return
• Experience providing customer service for health insurance, ancillary insurance benefits, or to gig workers/freelancers.
Contact Nwamaka Ofodu for more information -
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.