Head of Strategic IT Projects
Oasis Community Learning
salary: 78698.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
We are looking for a Head of Strategic IT Projects to join our IT Directorate Senior Management Team at Oasis Community Learning (OCL). This role will play a key role in the development of the overall IT strategy for OCL.
See the potential, make the difference: Join OCL today!
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the global Oasis charity, we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. By joining our family of staff, you will be working alongside people dedicated to helping our students realise their potential. We wish to transform the lives of our communities and support our young people and staff through their journeys with Oasis.
About the role
The Head of Strategic IT Projects will be accountable for the successful planning and leading of the IT Projects Programme including specific IT project delivery leading to the realisation of the IT vision for the organisation, ensuring that the best business benefit and highest standard of quality is obtained within agreed budgets/timescales at all times.
In this role, you will plan, oversee and take operational responsibility for the implementation of all aspects of IT integration and improvements for agreed IT programme, strategies and projects within Oasis academies.
In your role as an OCL Head of Service you will also contribute to the cross-function management and strategic development of services within the organisation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Educated to degree-level or equivalent industry qualifications
* A Prince2 or PMI (Project Management Institute) qualification
* At least 5 years' programme and/or project management experience
* At least 2 years' experience delivering IT programmes
* At least 3 years' experience managing procurement programmes in the public sector including knowledge of EU procurement law
* At least 3 years' experience acting at a senior level of management
* Experience of working with and negotiating with funding bodies
* Experience of developing strategic plans for the delivery of effective IT solutions
* High level of communication and negotiation skills at all levels
* A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Benefits of joining Oasis Community Learning:
* A strong Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme with training opportunities
* A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating work environment
* An opportunity to work with new technology
* A competitive pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
* A generous annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) per year, rising to 30 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) after 2 years of service