Head of Quality Assurance
Los Angeles, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
We are a fun and fast-moving start-up and international business based on improving people's lives with the power of (super) plants. Here at Company, we all work hard and do whatever it takes to get the work done, but we like to have fun while we do it. Going beyond your job description is not out of the ordinary, and the idea of improving the world through the power of plants is what keeps us all going. Working here will inspire you to lead a healthier lifestyle, constantly being surrounded by plant-based treats and Company product. While these core values will never change, everything else about the company is constantly changing. Therefore we are looking for versatile people who thrive in a dynamic environment.
After closing our US Series B financing round we are looking to further scale. We have gone from 7 employees to 60, and right now we are looking to grow the team more at this very exciting time. With this employment opportunity, you have the chance to join the team early and become a crucial part of our success.
Are you ready to inspire a huge community of health lovers to live a healthier and happier life
- Convey quality program requirements, including recommending changes to supplier's
- Initiate corrective action with suppliers and/or internal departments to prevent material
- Maintain and evolve the supplier tracking system to meet the on-going needs of the
- Leads the management of non-conformances and provides professionally written
resolutions to satisfy customer expectations regarding consumer concerns and
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing/NPD departments in developing product
specifications. Provides support for new product launches ensuring regulatory
- Coordinate all Testings done with our labs across the US and EU and build up an
efficient QA system.
- Functions as team leader when the plant conducts mock recalls and assess
management preparedness for a product recall
- Conduct surveys/quality audits to assess technical/process capabilities for potential and
- You are the point of contact for all our current certifications in the US and EU. This
includes organic, Non-GMO, Detox Free Project. You will get us certified for Gluten Free
and Vegan and Sport NSF (or similar) and handle these on an annual basis as well.
- You maintain all Certificates of Analysis and provide where necessary internally and
- Establish a lot tracking system in new software or in our ERP
- ASQ certification is highly preferred
- 6+ years of working experience in supplier quality assurance
- Extensive experience in Quality within consumer food production environments, with a
proven track record in leading QA/QC teams
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Experience with natural and organic products is a strong plus
- Willing to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a sincere team spiritBENEFITS