Head of Music- Shanghai, China- August 2019
Randstad Education 4500.00 Chinese Yuan Renminbi . CNY Per annum
Beijing, Beijing, China
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
An amazing opportunity has arisen to work in an A-grade international school in Shanghai, China for an August 2019 start. Teachanywhere are looking for a head of music for this fantastic school with an international reputation for excellence.
From the futuristic skyline of Pudong to the traditional pavilions in the sprawling Yu Gardens, China's most westernised city is a thriving metropolis with a close-knit expatriate community. Its unique architectural heritage includes the world's second-tallest tower and classical art deco buildings. Located in the Yangtze River delta, the city offers burgeoning culinary and vibrant music scenes. Culturally diverse and full of life, you will never want for things to do. It also makes a fantastic springboard for exploring the rest of Asia with a large international airport that offers an array of destinations.
About the School:
The school is located in the very green western side of the city in an international expat hub and delivers a high-quality British education with excellent facilities in modern, purpose-built buildings. It is part of one of the biggest and best international education groups in the world, renowned for their excellent teaching standards.
* Fully qualified teacher with QTS or equivalent
* Outstanding teaching with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification teaching experience in a classroom setting
* Prior experience of leading a department
* Previous experience with the UK and/or IB curricula
* You will be an excellent communicator, have good ICT competencies, as well as a sense of humour, willingness to embrace change and a commitment to participate fully in the extra-curricular aspects of school life
* The school are looking for teachers who will embrace life in a busy international school, and throw themselves into their professional role with enthusiasm and energy
* Single teachers or teaching couples are desirable. Teachers with no more than 2 dependents are also welcome to apply
* Expectations at this school are high but the rewards more than make up for the hard work expected
* Competitive salary of £3,000-4,500GBP/month dependent on qualifications and experience, paid in CNY
* Furnished accommodation
* Annual flights
* International health insurance for teacher and their family
* Living allowance of £1,025GBP/annum
* Overseas relocation allowance of £680GBP
* Tuition discount for dependants
Next steps: Interviews will be via Skype. If this sounds like the role for you, do not hesitate to apply with your up-to-date CV today. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a top-level school!
Teachanywhere have been successfully placing qualified teachers into schools across the world for more than 10 years. With a dedicated team who have worked in different regions, we provide first-hand experience, support and advice to ensure you find the right job for you