Head of Learning Support
Highbury College 33500.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Learning Support
Job Title: Head of Learning Support
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £33,500.00 FTE
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive and ability to make a difference to an Amazing College?
Does your current role lack a challenge?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
The Head of Learning Support is responsible to the Managing Director of Student Central and will play a significant role in helping the college achieve its strategic priorities of student success, resilience and employability and reputation.
The Head of Learning Support will ensure the delivery of high quality learning support services (including those required SEN and Disability legislation) which enables students to succeed and build resilience.
The Post holder will also have a key role in safeguarding and supporting our most vulnerable students, whilst insuring and encouraging an inclusive environment is present across Highbury College.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that learning support of all types is effective in supporting student retention, success and resilience.
- To lead motivate, manage, support and inspire staff within learning support.
- To coordinate the effective and timely assessment of students with SEND.
- To timetable Learning Assistants
- Monitor SEN Caseloads
Full role responsibilities are listed in the job description.
You will need to be qualified in SEN or similar. You will have experience of working with young people who have emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties. Knowledge of dealing with safeguarding issues and an understanding of safeguarding in Education. A good understanding of SEN legislation is also required.
Please view full job description for person specification.
What we can offer you:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- Competitive market rate salary
- 30 days' annual leave per annum, plus eight Bank Holidays and three days Christmas Closure
- A competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and childcare nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Childcare voucher scheme
- access to an online discount website (NUS)
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience and passion? Then come and join a 'Amazing College with Amazing Staff' and drive your career forward 'The Highbury Way'.
For further information on this role, please download the Job Description.
Please allow 3 hours for the interview as it will consist of a task, a presentation to members of the SEN Team, followed by a interview with The Head of Learning Support and Managing Director of Student Central.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity.
Only applicants through our website will be accepted. To apply for the role please visit the link below and complete our application form. CV's will not be accepted!
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on or email the HR inbox on
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our web site regularly for new job openings.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us on