Greenfield Structural Specialist
Kintec Recruitment Limited
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Greenfield Structural Specialist
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 2 Years
Responsible for Offshore Greenfield Engineering activities for NFPS-Major projects and ensuring contractors deliver high quality and complete engineering deliverables which adhere to Qatargas Projects Management System (QGPMS). Stewards Offshore Greenfield engineering design aspects of the Project with other disciplines as necessary.
Reporting and Relationships
- Reports to: Structual & Civil Engineering Lead
- Direct reports: N/A
- Frequent interaction with Specialists in Major projects, Engineering & Projects, Opreations, Construiction and HSEQ departments.
- Frequent communication with vendors, EPC contractors and consultant representatives.
- Occasional contact with shareholders and government bodies
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Role is accountable for engineering works and timely issuance of all
- Engineering deliverables and technical internal/external interfaces for
- Operates in a technical environment, providing Company stewardship of contractor activities in respect to offshore greenfield structural engineering; e.g., Topside and Jackets steel structures, Piles/foundations, lifting, etc., for offshore greenfield facilities. Reviews engineering design for correctness, compliance, operability, maintainability and reliability ensuring compliance with design methods and safety factors and margins.
- Supports, offshore brownfield structural engineering discipline and activities.
- Major challenges of the role are (1) working in a highly visible project environment with high capital expenditure and significant schedule execution pressures and (2) contributing to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in own specialised area.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
- Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
- Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities
1.Ensure offshore greenfield structural Engineering discipline activities and contribute to the project department strategy and goals.
2.Ensure technical activities through interactions with the project owner, shareholder, facilities owner, contractors, vendors, consultants.
3.Reviews and approves EPC Contractor offshore greenfield structural engineering related deliverables and is responsible for providing and consolidating Company comments for the associated discipline in respect to Detailed design of Offshore platforms, e.g Pre-service & in- service analysis , pipe supports, foundations, etc., during EPC to enable early construction and installation; Compliance with design methods and safety factors, to be used in project design; Systems and design ensuring correctness, compliance and operability; Technical bid tabulations for purchase of material and early construction; Material manufacturing tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) protocols and procedures.
4.Ensure the Offshore Greenfield scope of supply is engineered, designed and integrated to the overall project design and is consistent with project requirements.
5.Support the engineering team of external organizations, entities appointed representatives to ensure engineering design addresses each companies' expectations consistent with Qatargas, QP and Project's objectives
6.Monitors, reviews, evaluates and provides necessary guidance to team members, contractors and all 3rd-party service providers throughout the project while ensuring that the facilities are constructed per the scope, meeting all standards and specifications and safety factors within the time and project cost as approved.
7.Participates in contracting and procurement activities to ensure structural engineering requirements are met from pre-qualification, preparation of bid invitations and requests for quotation, bidding, evaluations, contract execution and performance, and contract close-out.
8.Reviews including risk assessments, 3-D model reviews and HAZOP/HAZID related to offshore greenfield structural engineering.
9.Ensures compliance with QG systems and processes including the Qatargas Project Management System (QGPMS) and maintains support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of projects
10.Ensures timely project execution and implementing the Company integrity and reliability systems as per project plan.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent Majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization..
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years' experience in in a project execution related environment with broad experience of projects, engineering and operations.
- Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Computer literate with advance knowledge of engineering software systems and tools.