Graduate Learning support Assistant
Anonymous 80.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Twickenham, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
*** SEN STUDENT SUPPORT ***
****** Twickenham *******
Interviews 1st week of September
Veritas is currently working with a co-ed mainstream secondary school based in Twickenham. The school are looking for a student support assistant to work on a 1:1 and small group basis, supporting KS3 students. A background/ experience of working with ages 11- 14 is desirable but not essential.
The candidate will be supporting SEN students with ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia and also learning and communication difficulties. You will be responsible for improving social skills, monitoring behaviour and liaising with senior staff.
The school is located close to various local bus routes and a short walk from a mainline train station. Access to a car would be advantageous.
Key skills and experience needed:
* Graduate from a leading University
* Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
* A firm presence and strong behaviour management
* Professional manner
* Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in working in this rewarding role, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community