GM Compliance Officer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Provide real-time advice/guidance on new products, compliance and regulatory related matters
- Design and deliver training on regulatory, compliance policies and procedures to front office
- Promote compliance awareness across the businesses
- Develop compliance program for Exchange Products and compliance policies and procedures
- Communicate with regulatory authorities
- Leadership and team management opportunities
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Minimum 8+ years' compliance experience in a global investment bank or regulatory body and a degree holder in Accounting, Law or related fields.
- In depth products/market knowledge, especially in OTC derivatives, fixed income and associated products
- Proficiency of rules and regulations relating to equities with an awareness of controls and governance
- Ability to independently manage responses to regulatory compliance issues/queries, experience with a regulator would be an advantage but not a must
- An exceptional leader, collaborator and result orientated individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in partnership with the business, shared services and other members in Legal and Compliance in the region whilst maintaining a high level of integrity
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.