Global Markets Trading Agreements Negotiator, Vice President
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
The company operates within the financial industry.
- Draft and negotiate trading agreements and related documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support documents, MSLAs, GMSLAs, MRAs and GMRAs between MUFG in the Americas and its customers across all counterparty sectors and jurisdictions relating to derivatives, repo and stock lending transactions.
- Have a good understanding of ancillary documentation related to derivatives including netting opinions, novation agreements, guarantees and any other documentation incidental to the type of products.
- Review confirmations and related matters with respect to a variety of asset classes. Execute other project work and research related to these products and as directed by line manager or as otherwise required.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in Sales, Credit, Risk Management and Operations.
- Provide general support to other members of the legal team as required.
- Maintain and update the trading agreements database.
- Assist with ad hoc derivatives, repo and securities lending-related projects.
- A good level of knowledge of, and practical experience of working in, the investment banking industry and experience in dealing with clients, counterparties and external legal counsel.
- A minimum of two years prior experience negotiating documentation gained in-house within a similar role or in private practice
- Sufficient general experience to understand the nature of new products related to any of the ISDA Master Agreements, the ISDA Credit Support documents as well as repo and securities lending, together with an ability to prepare and negotiate appropriate draft documentation quickly and while under pressure.
- An ability to look at unfamiliar or new product areas and be able to analyze the relevant issues.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and to make sound judgement calls in a fast-moving business environment, together with an ability to identify and manage contractual risk.
- An ability to recognize problematic issues and to plan and execute strategies for dealing with these.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively on group projects and independently on individual assignments.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, pragmatic and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree (as a minimum).