Global Investment Research, Equity Research, China Autos, Analyst/ Ass
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professiona l to join our China Auto sector team in Hong Kong , t o develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts/ associates work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Provide integral support to single stock or thematic research teams
- Build, maintain and update company forecasts and valuation models
- Conduct market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Work closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Prepare and produce insightful company specific projects
- Perform statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of the data
- Listen to and produce briefing notes on companies
- Conference calls and analyst/ associate briefings
- Attend morning calls and contribute as necessary
- Update monthly reports, marketing books, and daily valuation sheets
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Attend client meetings with their senior analyst in Hong Kong (or other offices if possible)
- Bachelor degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional analytical skills, lateral thinking, and judgment
- A proactive approach and a high level of enthusiasm and motivation for the financial markets
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and work under pressure
- A high level of proficiency in Mandarin and English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.