Global Head of Automation
Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Global Head of Automation is responsible for building the strategic plan and driving the implementation of the key initiatives, to achieve the automation ambition of our manufacturing network in our Life Science business. This role is key to achieving our ambitious revenue growth and productivity goals, while ensuring the quality of our products and compliance of our operations. You will lead individuals and also multifunctional teams in the identification of key automation opportunities, and the identification and development of best globally available automation and robotics solutions. You will develop transformational technology/ automation roadmaps leveraging appropriate advanced technologies for key growth areas of our business, building key partnerships with external providers, universities and research institutes. You will build individual business cases and execution plans and obtain management approval for large investment initiatives. You and your team will manage execution of these initiatives to detailed execution plans you develop, with internal and external partners, developing robust processes and achieving project goals within committed timing and costs. Engagement of key stakeholders in our manufacturing network and across our functional and business partners will be key to success. You will manage team and project budgets and regularly update senior leadership with accurate technical, business and financial status of your initiatives. You will build and sustain a team(s) of capable resources for execution of initiatives and development of the automation roadmaps.
Location can be based in Burlington, MA, Danvers, MA, or Jaffrey NH.
Who you are:
- University degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electro Mechanical/ Industrial automation)
- PMP certified or similar Project management certification
- Ability to guide others or create new solutions based on own depth and breadth of expertise
- Industrial automation and/or robotics experience (15years)
- Leading automation projects and teams (10years) in execution of large and highly complex automation projects
- Demonstrated experience in identification of partners among solutions providers, universities and research institutes and building partnerships for advanced technology development
- Experience in building own team and project teams and developing teams' capabilities to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English mandatory). Experience in developing compelling ,fact driven business cases and securing investment decisions from senior leadership
- Experienced in application of rigorous processes for process technology development and project execution
- Ability to travel 30% (up to 50% maximum)
- Masters qualification in manufacturing technology/ automation or MBA.
- 10 yrs. leadership experience in a matrix environment in multinational company.
- Demonstrated experience in developing overall strategies for Industry 4.0 implementation and developing investment plans for OT
- Experience working in cGMP/ regulated environments
- Ability to guide teams in formulating transformative automation concepts and strategies into executable initiatives
- Broad knowledge and experience of global specialist automation solutions providers