Anonymous 30000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Our clients Geociences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, developers, house-builders, infrastructure, power supply, oil companies and local authorities. Their current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing and distribution warehousing developments and landfills.
We are resourcing a Geo-enviromental Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping organise, undertake and supervise ground Investigations in the field. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with subcontractors and to keep the project manager appraised of findings and progress.
* Assisting in designing and managing a variety of geo-environmental and geotechnical ground investigation and interpretative projects for external clients
* Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects
* Undertaking and supervising ground investigations
* Managing site H&S
* Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including developing laboratory scheduling
* Geo-environmental assessment
* Preparing Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk studies), technical advice notes, drafting drawings and geotechnical and geo-environmental interpretative reports
* Assisting in preparing proposals and tenders
* Prepare H&S plans and RAMS
* Undertake verification works on site
* BEng or BSc or equivalent in Geology, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar;
* Typically a further degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Environmental Science or equivalent would be desirable
* Typically requires at least 2-5 years industry specific relevant experience;
* A practical understanding of geology, ground investigation works, engineering geology and geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering;
* Significant and demonstrable experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations and reporting;
* Demonstrable experience and ability to prepare Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Preliminary Risk Assessments, Factual and Interpretative Assessments;
* Strong track record in managing site works resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* £Commensurate with experience;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Free life assurance cover;
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care;
Please submit your Resume or call Neesha Kanani on (Apply online only) to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency