Anonymous 27000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Bedford, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
Based in Bedford
Salary of up to £27k per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding commercial Laboratory, providing bespoke analytical testing services.
We are looking for an experienced GC-MS analyst, to join our team of talented chemists in our band-new, purpose-built analytical facility in South-Bedford. Reporting to a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for managing your own workload, which will include running both GC-MS and GC-MS/MS systems.
Reporting to a Senior Analytical Chemist you will be responsible for managing your own analytical workload, ensuring results are completed to agreed deadlines. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of the theory and practice of GC-MS. Your acquired skills and experience will enable you to take the lead in the VOC work area and have direct input into method development and validation as well as maintaining documentation. You will be responsible for the preparation of samples, as well as the analysis and reporting of data in accordance with ISO17025.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact in a busy work area in our growing portfolio of trace organics analysis, working with a talented team of experts in a friendly, supportive and innovative environment.
Skills & Experience Required:
* A strong background in the use of GC-MS for the analysis of VOCs.
* Experience working within a fast-paced, commercial analytical testing laboratory.
* Demonstrable experience with the routine maintenance and troubleshooting of GC-MS systems.
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels within an organisation.
What we offer in return:
* Salary of up to £27,000 (dependent on experience)
* Contributory company pension scheme
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Salary sacrifice program
* Option to purchase up to 5 extra annual leave days per year
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme & Annual Staff Wellness Checks
RPS Laboratories are part of the RPS Group, an international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Our Letchworth facility is an ISO 17025 accredited, analytical testing laboratory. Using state of the art instrumentation, we provide bespoke analytical testing services across a wide-range of different compounds and matrices, including pesticide residues in food and crops and detection of emerging pollutants in water and soil