Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Position Summary: Project Manager
Responsible for managing the engineering programme to construction and the engineering/ commercial development of the Project. The project manager will have direct responsibility for project communications and full responsibility for the management of internal engineering activities with minimal supervision/guidance in coordination with the engineering management team. This position requires significant and detailed understanding of project financial analyses, resource allocation, change order management, and scheduling. Occasionally, this position will require travelling to partners, client and vendor facilities as required for meetings, reviews and client support. The project manager is responsible for managing cost, project scope, and schedule.
Specific Job Function:
- Manage projects from conception to completion with a keen focus on exceeding client expectations
- Professionally manage client communication and problem resolutions
- Identify and align with client goals, objectives, and expectations Be the key communication link to the Project partners
- Direct internal project resources, coordinate meetings, and produce project reports Ensure project documentation and deliverables meet client specifications
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and cost expenditures to ensure contract requirements are met
- Accurately forecast project duration and resource and cost requirements Manage and review change order impacts on project budget and schedule s
- Initiate and manage subcontracted projects for engineering, fabrication of piping, structural steel and vessels, and other services such as painting, insulation and E&I work
- Ensure fabricated equipment meets client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Travel to client facilities for meetings, project reviews, and equipment inspections
- BS in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or comparable engineering discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mentality.
- Skilled in MS Office suite particularly excel and MS Project
- Able to demonstrate effective coordination, planning and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities
- A valid passport is required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.