Kingston, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer to work for a thriving Chemical COMAH site. The role is to support an asset with all things OPEX, CAPEX and Maintenance.
We are happy to receive applications from seasoned professionals with COMAH site experience OR candidates from the commercial sector looking for a route in to engineering / chemicals.
- Interface with the Procurement function and asset representatives to ensure that Hull Site contracts are structured to deliver best value for the Site through Supplier Performance Management (SPM). Develop methods and measures to benchmark contractor performance and establish KPI's within the key contracts.
- Carry out all aspects of administering maintenance services through contract administrators in line with contractual arrangements and pro-actively manage those contracts to deliver maximum value.
- Key links with the systems team members to ensure contract mechanisms, workflow and IT systems work hand in hand. Ensure any changes are supported by rigorous change control.
- Review and approve submitted costs by third party maintenance and service providers to ensure compliance with commercial components, assure the works have been done as per contract and correct allocation to budgets.
- Provide assurance on all aspects of third-party expenditure relating to maintenance and major capital events.
- Promote active cost forecasting, control and management within the asset's variable, fixed, project and maintenance costs.
- Assist asset team, procurement, maintenance and engineering in resolution of commercial issues and claims.
- Temporary labour SPA for site, holding the key links with temporary labour agencies.
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly cost reporting.
- Work with key stakeholders to forecast spend in support of all budget submissions.
- Put in place processes and procedures to ensure dealings with 3rd parties during execution does not leave Ineos Acetyls to cost leakage. Train and coach end users as to these requirements, and audit compliance.
- Accountable for monitoring compliance with these processes.
- Work closely with estimator to compare planned/actual costs for common activity sets, to promote a learning organization.
- Succession planning for a unique and difficult to source skill set throughout the team.
- Ensuring compliance with Ineos safety principles.
- Hold a degree or relevant equal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar profession
- Hold a professional membership to the RICS or other equal professional accreditation or be working towards this qualification
- Excellent skills in excel and accounting software such as SAP
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.