Senior Electrical Engineer
Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Digital Consulting (DC) is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support one of our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
This opportunity will involve interfaces with other Discipline, Client, Contractor and Supplier Engineers, ensuring compliance with the Client's Project Specifications and provide technical support based on proven experience. The appointed engineer shall integrate within the project team, reporting directly to the Lead Electrical Engineer.
In this role you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Report to the Lead Electrical Engineer, the main functions of the role will be to develop electrical deliverables e.g. single line diagrams, schematic & wiring diagrams, calculations, specifications and datasheets
- Help with site UPS design and procurement, execution and modifications including the battery support elements
- Execute assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, codes and standards
- Checking of vendor calculations against design code and best practice
- Prepare RFQ packages for the Electrical packages to the required Client, Wood and Project procedures and standards
- Review Suppliers quotations and prepare technical quotation evaluation
- Build strong Client relations to ensure expectations are met
- Management of workload and budgets across designated work scopes to ensure targets are achieved
- Understand, review and comment on process design data to ensure appropriate equipment specification and selection
- Review of vendor documentation requirements for use and integration within project
- Participate in the following:
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries, discussions and optioneering
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client, and site related discussions
- Site based activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with good experience of Electrical System Design in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical/ Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects
- Knowledge of electrical power systems, international codes & standards and Industry accepted electrical engineering software
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with good written and spoken in English
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to succeed
- Experience of Vendor co-ordination meetings and supporting engineering design reviews
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of effective working in a project team environment
- Computer literate with common software packages such as Microsoft Office
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.