Senior Contracts Engineer - New Energy Services
Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
Our Client, a major Energy Services company, is recruiting for a Senior Contracts Engineer/Advisor, in Woking (UK) on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of the role:
The Principal / Senior Contracts Engineer will undertake all necessary contract, commercial and subcontracting activities to support both business capture and subcontracts/ partnership engagement with regards to pre ITT, ITT and post award activities.
Build on existing familiarity of the onshore UK EPC construction (Civil, Mechanical &E&I) and fabrication market
In a busy, fast growing and stimulating business the Principal / Senior Contracts Engineer is required to work on own initiative dealing directly with business stakeholders to support key commercial, contractual and subcontracting activities and requirements in line with Client policies and procedures.
- Support the development of commercial and contractual responses to client enquires and proposal requests from clients in support to the New Energy team including:
- Working with technical team to develop commercial responses as required
- Coordinating input from all Client stake holders including, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Tax, and security etc as required.
- Qualify client T&C's / Heads of Terms if provided in line with Client procedures
- Coordinate and support obtaining approval via the Client Risk Review Process as required, i.e.
- Kick off risk review process
- Coordinate and manage submissions and review meetings as required by the process
- Coordinate all support required from wider Client team to obtain required approvals
- Close out actions as required
- Oversee, negotiate and finalise agreements for the provision of New Energy services as agreed via the RRC process, ensuring compliance with required protocols and stakeholder guidance such as Legal, Tax, HSSEIA, and Technical etc.
- Control the Confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements associated with the New Energy business and BD activities.
- Develop and negotiate MoU's and Collaboration agreements with key partners to support growth of the Business.
- Work with the commercial and operational management team to ensure that service delivery is compliant with contractual terms.
- Proactively monitor each client contract to ensure critical dates such as rate reviews, renewals, extensions, work orders etc are in place.
- Coordinate and manage response to any client contract disputes.
Subcontractors & Technical Partners
- Guided by the Subcontracts Functional Head, lead the engagement with potential Construction subcontractors and the negotiation of commercial/contractual agreements with Technology Providers/ Licensors
- Ensure that main contract risks are appropriately mitigated through the relevant subcontracts and licensor agreements.
- Contribute in bringing new and innovative commercial and sub-contracting structures / arrangements though internal process and subsequently to the market.
- Proactively work with other Client service lines to develop differentiated commercial offerings that maximise value to client and Client.
- Develop comprehensive pricing and rate benchmarking for delivering FEED, EPC and O&M across New Energy Services contracts.
Skills & Experience:
- Solid working knowledge of IChemE, FIDIC and NEC based terms and conditions - including the ability to work with and modify special conditions.
- Working knowledge of various remuneration models specifically focused on PetroChem and renewable energy sectors.
- Ability to deal with contractual qualifications efficiently and effectively
- Experience in drafting / working with contracts with client and suppliers (OEMs and Construction companies) in differing commercial and contractual arrangements
- Demonstrable ability to apply innovative solutions
- Have knowledge of the onshore UK EPC construction (Civil, Mechanical &E&I) and fabrication market.
- Degree in Law, Law & Management or Quantity Surveying preferred but not essential dependent on the experience of the candidate
- Experience in a similar role within the Petrochem, Construction and/or Renewables sector.
- Ideally both UK Onshore and International experience within these sectors.
- Essential that candidate has recent deep experience in the UK Onshore EPC sector
- Experience working within an active and lively operational team.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.