Please scroll down, To apply
Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
Our Client, a major Energy Services company, is looking for a Commercial Manager on a permanent basis. Based in Woking, UK.
Main purpose of the role:
Act as a focal point for ECS on all matters relating to Commercial.
- Commercial focal point for the assigned ECS service lines.
- Manage the contracts engineer in developing comprehensive contractual exceptions, modifications and qualifications of a legal and commercial nature.
- Participation in negotiations with clients, suppliers and third parties on acceptable terms and conditions during bid/award, variation and project execution phases.
- Ensuring that contracts are executed in compliance with Company policies and statutory regulations.
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender Documents and Evaluation of Tenders when assigned to external projects.
- Assist ECS in new country entry, new client, and agents from a commercial perspective.
- Reviewing ECS Proposals, Work Orders to Consultants and associated checklists from a contractual/legal standpoint.
- Scheduling, coordinating and leading risk review meetings.
- Maintaining effective communication and building strong relationships with internal departments including but not limited to compliance, tax, insurance, finance, legal and treasury.
- Accountable for commercial risk identification, commercial risk mitigation and commercial risk management during the pre-award stage.
- Initiation and preparation of variations and claims to Client. Defending, negotiating and resolving claims with Client.
- Assist, evaluate and advise ECS management on contractual conflicts and claims with clients. In the event of a dispute, advise on the company's position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
- Assist in managing all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to ECS business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the post award stage.
- Ensure that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place from the pre award team.
- Attend/support internal and external audits as required.
- Assist in the development of relevant Commercial KPI's.
- Any other duty as directed by the VP, Commercial or VP, Engineering and Consultancy Services.
Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for all commercial documents in ECS to the value of $40M.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating commercial risks in contracts and other legal documentation to the value of $40m+
- Batchelors degree relevant subject
- Consultancy & FEED experience
- Contract Negotiation and Commercial experience
- The ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders on complex commercial issues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organisation skills.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.