Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Project Engineer is responsible for:
· Interpreting Job card requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems (HAZOP) and ensure solutions can be implemented accurately and within budget.
· Overseeing the provision of Services, including the preparation/checking of Plant Engineering Procedures (PEP's), Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and all relevant Permits.
· Overseeing, internal and external resources, the design and realisation of investments
· Providing support to the Process Engineering department for economical/technical feasibility analysis
· Ensuring the management of technical documentation (hard copy and electronic)
· Give support to QHSE department for projects correlated to QHSE topics, compliance with the Versalis procedure
· Supervising the development of mechanical, civil and structural design solutions based on engineering principles, Company Standards, National Standards and good engineering practice.
· Preparing the Project cost estimate and plan that are to be submitted for approval.
· Reviewing supplier documentation and comment as required. Ensuring compliance with project requirements and hazardous area classifications.
· Advising on the presentation of modifications to Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs).
· Creating new Functional Locations and Equipment Numbers within SAP, as required.
· Identifying long lead items and shutdown activities; integrate activities into the overall Project Department Planning and Shutdown Plans, as required.
· Preparing technical specifications for equipment, incorporating user and technical requirements.
· Providing technical requirements to datasheets for mechanical equipment.
· Supervising designers/draughtsmen in the preparation of design drawings and the generation of material take-offs
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
· Mechanical Engineering Degree
· Experience within a top tier COMAH site, and as a project manager/project engineer
· Proven working experience as a project engineer, within the Oil and gas industry or petrochemical industry;
· Good working knowledge of planning software (Microsoft Project or Primavera)
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (fabrication isometrics, general arrangement drawings etc.)
· Advanced MS Office skills
· Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards (i.e. ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, PD5500, British Standards etc.)
· Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
· Project management and supervision skills
· Decision making ability
· Time management and organisational skills
· Cost control management: control the project costs and resources
· Preparation of the scope of the project and the cost estimates
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.