Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Engineer is accountable for the Mechanical Maintenance and Engineering improvements at all offshore and onshore sites of the North Asset. The program of maintenance and upgrades on the offshore and landline sites will allow the Forties Pipeline System to be operated in a Safe and reliable manner up to 2040+
- Provide front line Mechanical Engineering support to the operations site based team.
- Deliver engineering modifications where Mechanical Engineering is the main discipline.
- Provide technical discipline input to the Projects team.
- Ownership of the relevant Forties Unity Performance Standards.
- Specify, scope and execute improvements to mechanical systems.
- Act as asset mechanical engineering focal point for site projects, including studies.
- Act as Mechanical single point of accountability (SPA) for long-term Asset strategy.
- In line with above, lead discipline improvements in plant reliability, equipment strategy, defect elimination and equipment rationalisation.
- Define and own the asset's mechanical spares strategy.
- Lead discipline improvements in plant reliability, root cause analysis, defect elimination and continuous improvement.
- Lead / contribute to safety reviews, risk assessments and investigations as the mechanical engineering focal point.
- Maintain the integrity of asset and protective systems relevant to discipline.
- Act as custodian of asset maintenance strategies for mechanical equipment.
- Own the discipline relevant Forties Unity Performance Standards and close out ICP actions related to them.
- Support the maintenance team with the implementation of planned maintenance routines.
- Support the maintenance team in regards to equipment breakdown; including investigation of fault, defect resolution and execution of breakdown maintenance.
- Monitor and advise on the technical and safety implications of any maintenance backlog.
- Where required, lead and coordinate additional vendor support.
- Act as custodian of key mechanical engineering documentation and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Act as Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for Mechanical led site activity.
- Job Responsible Engineer for Asset Mechanical MOCs (Management of Change) proposals
- Technical approval of mechanical engineering content of Asset MOCs proposals
- Provide technical support to asset TAR activities.
- Participation in the FPS Incident Management Team as required.
- Travel to Forties Unity or remote onshore sites to provide technical support.
- Participation in the Asset self-audit programme.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer or actively working to achieve chartered status.
- BOSIET, Medical and MIST for offshore travel.
- 5+ years' experience including experience of Oil&Gas, Refining or Chemical Industries
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical equipment commonly used offshore on the UKCS (lifeboats, cranes€ ).
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding and applied knowledge of relevant UK Regulatory (Safety Case, COMAH€ ) and industry standards.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.