Senior Integrity Engineer - Structures
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Integrity Engineer - Structures to join their team, on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be a member of the Integrity Team based in Norwich.
This role contributes to and is responsible for the technical management of the structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance of offshore and onshore assets.
The primary aspect of the role is to support and manage integrity assurance and engineering assessments with regard to asset structural integrity, regulatory compliance, performance, people and costs.
The role requires an in-depth understanding of offshore structural engineering, recognition of defects and anomalies and the ability to engineer remedial actions as necessary.
The role also requires engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues. The role supports the specific goal of ensuring structural assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis and may involve some offshore travel as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include:
* Be a key member of the "Competent Body" for both onshore and offshore assets and ensure they meet regularly to fulfil the expectations of the "Competent Body's" terms of reference and demonstrate competent management of asset integrity.
* Provide risk assessment, recommendation of action, and approve, requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
* Be responsible for the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS). Continual development of risk-based inspection strategies
* Manage inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
* Act as a 'focal point' for Discipline Engineers and in direct support of line management
* Contribute and be responsible for the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems. Undertake strategic review and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
* Support HSEx liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities.
* Contribute to the continual development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
* Contribute to and be responsible for the management of topsides and subsea inspection strategies development on annual cycle in order to provide clear & concise inspection requirements to Inspection Engineers.
* Responsible for the management of topsides weight database for all offshore installations including the assessments for lifting and temporary loads. Responsible for the management, review and programming of scheduled Air Gap and Tilt
* Surveys in accordance with the Structural Inspection Strategy
* Support the Team Leader/Competent Structural Engineer in the Management of Change process (PMP/PeMoC) providing technical advice on modifications. Deliverables - safe completion of projects & modifications.
* Support the Team Leader/Competent Structural Engineer/Performance Standard owner in his duties regarding Performance Standard reviews and active management of P-Trac queries and anomalies.
* Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors.
* Support offshore assets and onshore Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues.
* Required deliverables, include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
* Review and assess structural inspections for topside and subsea, take responsibility for the endorsement process for appropriate inspection frequencies and written schemes of examinations.
* Generate, Specify and Review Repair Orders and Fabric Maintenance Recommendation in terms of scope and suitable timeframes.
* Oversee structural integrity support contractor performance, scope, quality of service and value for money, as directed.
* Responsible for the development of information to support the Annual Summary Report ASR for all installations by the end of 1st Qtr, as directed.
* Ensure that adequate structural calculations are undertaken to determine the requirement for repair; also, to specify remedial action; working to appropriate codes of practices; maintaining a clear appreciation of risk management in terms of integrity and remedial work execution.
* Management of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API's, ISO's or any other appropriate codes of practice, in the performance of relevant life extension assessments where required, and as directed
Key Requirements Include:
The minimum requirements for this position are a further education degree (BSc or BEng) in
Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering, working towards or already have professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status.
In addition, you should ideally have 5 years of experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity (topside and submerged sections) of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API (RP2A), ISO 19901's or other pertinent design codes. Candidates with equivalent structural engineering experience and a passion for steelwork structures in challenging environments will be considered.
In addition, the job holder must have very good communication skills in order to provide timely and appropriate feedback to team members and operational personnel in the carrying out of the described duties.
For further details, please forward a copy of your CV today!!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd