RJF21-220 Process Safety Engineer
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our Process Safety team based in Norwich. The successful candidate will be required to lead risk assessments, chair/participate in MAH evaluations and HAZOP studies of Perenco UK Assets and contribute to LOPA's as required.
The individual will be integral to the team offering wider support as the business dictates supporting any new planned activities. With a sound process engineering base and specific knowledge of oil and gas applications they will be able to mentor younger engineers and apply themselves creatively to solve long standing engineering challenges in the pursuit of closing HAZOP and LOPA actions.
This is a full-time office-based role (Mon-Friday) with requirements to visit offshore as operationally required.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental legislation within sphere of responsibility
- Act as Single Point of Accountability for specific project delivery in the Engineering team, or provide input where required to projects carried out by operations or projects team
- Participate and lead ongoing full site HAZOP study and other safety related reviews and studies.
- Lead and manage the process of closing HAZOP actions from site HAZOP study.
- Experience of working in Process/Chemical engineering in the oil and gas or petro-chemical industry.
- Knowledge and experience of HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA studies
- Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with organisational personnel at all levels and with contract personnel with whom the individual would have direct working contact.
- Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organise both work activities and the resources required to execute said work activities.
- An ability to pull together an engineering work pack and then to support converting it into a construction work pack and hence an executable piece of work out on site.
- Able to proactively apply previous lessons learnt
- Able to provide integrity and enforce appropriate standards in spite of pressure from other personnel focussing on time and costs.
- Able to recognise risks and hazards.
- Able to prevent conflicts between activities in support of business priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills, self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others.
- Able to work with others using a variety of influencing skills to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from a business and HSE perspective.
- Open mindedness and the ability to challenge conventional methods of working, examine multiple options and select the preferred solution. Able to prioritise activities
- An ability to think of and apply creative solutions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Process Engineering - experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the application of process safety fundamentals
- Knowledge of functional safety practices and use of instrumented systems for risk reduction purposes.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals
- Aware of management of change processes
- Risk Management - Practical knowledge of risk management within an operational set-up, preferably with actual exposure/experience on an operational site.
- COSHH Awareness
- Waste Management Awareness
- Experience in the generation and use of Task Risk Assessment
- Experience in the use of QA/QC systems such as GOC
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering.
- Chartered Status or near Chartered Status with the IChemE preferred
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Defined Contribution Pension
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays