Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to be a member of the Perenco UK QSSHE team where you would be based upon the Decommissioning Jack-Up Barge during the decommissioning and removal operations.
You will be required to provide supervision and oversight of the decommissioning contractor to ensure safe operations and regulatory compliance with regards to Health, Safety & Environment.
The role holder will have had previous offshore construction experience and preferred experience in project or decommissioning, within either an operator or multi-disciplinary contract company.
This is an offshore position operating on a 3 week on 3 week off shift rotation.
Key responsibilities include
HSE Performance Act as point of contact for all HSE issues and support for the decommissioning removal operation, to include:
• Regulations, policies, plans & reports (internal and external)
• To provide health, safety and environmental oversight to decommissioning operations.
• An active member of all risk assessment discussions.
• Implement the 'Stop the Job' policy when needed.
• Support safety meetings to ensure key HSE issues are communicated.
• Ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Common Operations Notification (CON)
• Ensure compliance with the Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) Matrix
• Document custodian, act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and maintain technical accuracy of
specific controlled documents.
• Supervision of radiological work for Perenco UK Ltd activities as the nominated 'Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS)'. Organise the transportation and cleaning or disposal of LSA contaminated equipment and maintain records.
• Ensure chemical use and discharge records are maintained.
• Support personnel where required on systems such as MOI, PTRAC, SEVRON, Asbestos Permit to Work etc.
• Support the platform personnel and coach where required on the POST, SOC, DRR.
• Support Safety Reps in the delivery of continuous safety performance and setting their own HSE objectives
Auditing & Investigations
• Audit and assurance activities
• Partaking in Contractor and Perenco incident investigations
• Actively participate in Action Teams i.e. Ptrac, MOI etc
• Act as an individual champion for HSE issues.
• Support the practice of emergency exercises, testing against ERP procedures and Combined Operations (COMOPS) Bridging Document.
• Undertake environmental inspections and compliance assurance
• Act as focal point for all environmental issues
• Work closely with the onshore Environmental Specialist
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses (Preferred)
• COSHH Assessor
• Hand Arm Vibration Coordinator
• Health and Safety Internal Auditor
• NEBOSH National General Cert in Occup Health & Safety Part 1
• NEBOSH National General Cert in Occup Health & Safety Part 2
• RPS - Radiation Protection Supervisors
• Offshore Survival to OGUK Standard or recognised equivalent
• Have a good knowledge of the external regulations, approved codes of practice and all areas of HSE work on the platform e.g. PUWER.
• Experience of heavy lifts or similar construction related offshore activities
• Previous offshore experience with an multi-disciplinary contract companies
• NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate (Diploma Preferred)
• Occupational Hygiene Qualifications (Core modules in Asbestos, COSHH, Noise, Vibration), preferred but not essential
• Radiation Protection Supervisor, preferred but not essential
• Environmental Knowledge (UK Legal Requirements), preferred but not essential
• Risk Assessment, incident investigation and auditing skills
• Reporting and presenting skills (Written & Verbal)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.