HSE Team Leader
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
In a nutshell:
We need a HSE professional with team leading or direct management of safety professionals. Someone with Oil and Gas experience that has worked with or for an operator previously.
As an experienced HSE professional you will be integral to providing HSE Leadership in support of our Southern North Sea Operations.
The successful candidate's primary function of this role will be to provide specialist HSE support to both Operations & Projects. Responsibilities will include maintaining compliance with legal requirements and ensuring risk management practices are fully implemented across the full life cycle of operations, project, drilling and marine operations.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis and may involve some offshore travel as operationally required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee and provide expert advice for all matters relating to QSHE for the Projects, Decommissioning, Drilling, Marine Operations and support wider operations.
• Develop influential relationships with key Contractors to promote alignment with QHSE performance
• Ensure incident and reporting procedures are clearly understood and monitor their application, monitor and support the effective investigation of all ensuring causes are accurately identified and lessons learned/corrective actions are shared and implemented.
• Ensure the incident database MOI is maintained accurately for operations.
• Provide HSE input to vessel assurance processes and carry out QHSE Assurance or QHSE Inspections at Vessel mobilisations / demobilisations, port calls and crew changes.
• Acts as focal point for all matters relating to QSHE for the operations teams, as required
• Communicate legal QSHE requirements to the Operations team personnel and management
• Extensive experience in the offshore upstream Oil & Gas sector (operator environment) performing Team Leader level.
• Demonstrable breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Team Leader or Supervisory Experience
• 20 years in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Trained incident investigator
• Experience of onshore terminals
• Projects experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients