Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
We are currently recruiting for a HR Assistant to join our client, a major oil and gas company on a 12 month contract based in their Norwich offices. This role will be working Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week on a PAYE (pay as you earn) day rate basis.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to work as part of the wider HR team based in Norwich and shall report directly to the HR Business Partner.
The HR department is a key department within the company and this busy role is integral to the running and successful delivery of background HR tasks and forms a significant hub for employee support, organisation and information.
The successful candidate will be a strong administrator who is able to demonstrate attention to detail in their work and understand how to prioritise the demands of this busy role. It is important that the successful individual runs an efficient, productive HR Admin function, keeping records up to date and ensuring processes are followed.
A key part of this role is managing employee queries, ensuring the team is approachable and helpful and completing various tasks assigned by the HR Business Partner and wider team where necessary. This is a 12-month contract position based in Norwich, working hours are 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Payroll processing
• Employee lifecycle administration
• Creating records and updating all HR systems and databases
• 1st point of contact for employee relations issues (advice on existing policies)
• Employee query management from onshore and offshore employee's including the HR mailbox
• Write and sending basic letters
• Maintaining employees' files.
• Creating and updating all HR systems and databases
• Sickness management and monitoring
• Medicals Process; tracking and booking medicals; and liaising with Occupational Health
• Logging and authorisation of invoices
• Updating company intranet
• Credit card statement management.
• Coordination of Graduates
• Support expatriate process
• Support with management of benefit system and administration
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise & plan workloads
• Ability to multi-task
• Enthusiastic to new challenges
• Pro-active, self-sufficient achiever
• Professional, approachable with confidence in abilities
Experience / Qualifications
• IT literacy in Microsoft packages, ie Word/Excel
• CIPD level 3 or equivalent experience (desirable)
• Strong administrative background
• Previous HR experience (desirable)
• Experience of working with confidential information
• Query management
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.