Decommissioning Environmental Advisor
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
This is an integral position within our Decommissioning Team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced environmental professional and will deliver environmental support to all Decommissioning activities.
The focus of this role is to ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and good practice throughout all stages of the decommissioning process as well as providing proactive support to the department on environmental issues.
The position is based in Norwich and the successful candidate will report directly to the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance Lead as well as functionally through the QSHE department.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure compliance with legislative requirements from an environmental stand point (including external reporting, licenses, consents and notifications)
• Draft environmental related documents required throughout the decommissioning process
• Provide advice and guidance to onshore and offshore decommissioning team on environmental issues
• Support the PLANC process from initiation of decommissioning phase through to close out of decommissioning activities for each asset
• Ensure a consistent approach to environmental management and PLANC management across all operations, by liaising with the QSHE department
• Proactively engage with decommissioning engineering team to ensure environmental issues are considered in the planning phase and adequately dealt with
• Provide support to offshore colleagues, on environmental issues
• Participate in the delivery of audits relating to Environmental Permits and Licenses
• Improve workforce awareness of environmental issues through presentations and coaching during site visits
• Undertake regular site visits to ensure environmental standards are being maintained and line ownership of the environmental management system is in place
• Ensure ISO 14001 standard and facilitate the certification audit process
• Participate in the development of the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance plan Requirements:
• Demonstrable experience working in both the on and offshore environmental regulatory framework applicable to the oil and gas industry.
• Professional qualification such and MIEMA or C.Env.
• Relevant environmental qualification to degree or post graduate level
• Experience with decommissioning compliance and assurance is a plus Ability to:
• Integrate technical plans and assess their adequacy with regulations and commitments
• Evaluate environmental non-compliance as business risks
• Provide technical explanations to department staff
• Train, coach and enthuse colleagues as a member of a coherent team • Interact with Regulatory Bodies and deliver against commitments
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.