Senior Marine Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft have an opportunity for a Senior Marine Engineer to join our O&G / Renewables client, to support a major offshore project in Norway.
This will be an initial 12 month contract and the client is happy for someone to be based full time at home, working remotely. Ideally, we are looking for an individual that has experience working on offshore Norwegian projects previously.
- Establish internal seafastening solutions, including calculations and specification of components, for marine transport
- Follow up load out contractor and inshore lifting contractor
- Production of marine operation manuals/procedures
- Follow up drawing production for marine drawings and perform drawing checks
- Discipline check of marine manuals and procedures for load out and inshore lifting operations
- Structural design and calculations for temporary structure used in relation to marine operations
- Establish technical input for inquiries in relation to marine services and equipment required for inshore marine operations, mainly in relation to load out and inshore lifting operations
- Construction yard Engineering support, follow up and communication (yard preparations for marine activities)
- Assist in interface work and meetings with T&I Contractor
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Bachelor/Master Degree
- Good knowledge of regulations for marine operations (including DnV-OS-H101 etc. - VMO standard)
- Expertise in working with a T&I contractor (interface) is desirable
- Experience with shipyard operations (internal transport, lifting with floating crane)
- Knowledge of offshore installation of jacket and topside (operation, installation methods, use of equipment)
- Experience with unloading and loading operations using SPMTs
- Knowledge of PDMS / E3D and Navisworks as 3D tools
- Good competence in hand calculations for documentation of structural capacity and use of MathCad
- Have good communication skills
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Ability to work independently and thorough as well as ability to work in team
- Be systematic, accurate and independent
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English - both oral and in writing.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.