Ecotherm Insulation 36400.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
Why join Kingspan Insulation?
We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and we stand behind a common cause - better buildings for a better world.
Kingspan Insulation are a leading manufacturer of high-performance rigid insulation within the construction industry, operating from our site in Basildon. With 188 sites worldwide, Kingspan is a global leading employer. We are experiencing significant growth right now and this is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician - Electrically Biased to join a global leading business and play a part in our manufacturing operation! We are proud of our genuinely positive and enjoyable working environment.
About the Maintenance Technician role:
We are now looking to recruit Maintenance Technicians for our Basildon site who will be responsible for undertaking planned and reactive maintenance on all plant and services to provide maximum performance, efficiency and safety within the production lines. The position will work a unique 6-2/2-10 shift pattern which includes routine cover for Saturday attendance aligned with planned rest-days.
You will operate the site maintenance system and undertake Health & Safety maintenance checks on a regular basis, in accordance with the correct regulations, reacting to and resolving breakdowns effectively to reduce machine downtime.
You will also pro-actively undertake planned and preventative maintenance on all plant and services to increase machine efficiency and operate planned and preventative maintenance systems alongside other members within the department to ensure the system is kept up-to-date.
You will ensure that full compliance is achieved with CMSS system targets and have working knowledge with Continuous Improvement in Maintenance and Machinery efficiency through continuous improvement projects. You will also improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), particular downtime.
Skills and Experience required of our Maintenance Technician:
- You will be apprenticed trained, with City & Guilds and or ONC/HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role with an electrical/mechanical skillset, with emphasis on electrical bias (80/20 split). This must be commercial/industrial not domestic
- Knowledge/experience of motor inverter controls is desirable
- PLC experience (Siemens) would be beneficial
- Basic mechanical knowledge to cover conveyor systems or similar is desirable but not critical
- You must be safety conscious and ideally have undertaken relevant Health & Safety training.
What do we offer?
- Profit related bonus, Pension and Life Assurance included in addition in our comprehensive package.
- Extensive amount of overtime available, with applicable overtime allowances and a fantastic opportunity to increase base pay packet.
- Kingspan offers lots of opportunity for training. You will learn and be competent on many pieces of different equipment aiding your team in becoming multi skilled. Your role will also ensure that all production processes are operated to the highest levels.
- Open plan, modern production, and manufacturing environment
- Fantastic referral scheme in place when you refer a friend.
- On-Site Parking
- Access to discounted products
Do you have the skills that we are looking for? If so, please click apply now to be considered as our Maintenance Technician!