Please scroll down, To apply
Alfreton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
- This role is responsible for the manufacture of a wide variety of polyurethane products in accordance with standard operating procedures and safe working practices to produce quality finished products for our customers in line with the operating plan.
- This role will have responsibility for the operation of a wide range of complex machinery and equipment in the manufacture of product mixes using a variety of raw materials.
- It is important that lean manufacturing processes are adopted and within this role all 5s audits are completed and any corrective actions are proactively addressed as part of the continuous improvement approach on site.
- There will be a requirement to move products safely around site using a counterbalance forklift truck.
- The role is responsible for ensuring that all work is undertaken safely and efficiently as well as working positively and effectively to contribute to the department and company Strategies and Goals
What you need:
- Education - minimum 5 GCSE's including Maths and English at grade 5 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year's previous experience of working in a Production environment, ideally within the chemical manufacturing industry and have a good understanding of environmental, health and safety legislation and safety culture (EHS)
- Recent Counterbalance FLT experience required, current valid license preferred.
- Fluent in English with good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to follow procedures.
- This role involves an element of some manual work, therefore need to be able to meet these requirements.
- Have a proactive approach, demonstrating the ability to manage workload well to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Basic IT knowledge, computer literacy in Microsoft office (word, excel ) preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.