Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The Business Analyst is responsible for delivery of analytical activities in support of IS processes and project needs. The Business Analyst also, when necessary, has the responsibility to manage small projects from initiation to completion, in accordance with IS policies, strategies and practices.
• Performs analytical activities, such as business case development, benefit realisation, process mapping and service improvements
• Provides support and assistance to IS Project managers in the delivery of agreed projects and associated tasks
• Understand business processes end-to-end, actively measuring business contribution of enabling systems, and initiate improvement to the process and/or systems
• Manage small projects through the creation of project plans, resource management, project coordination and project communication to stakeholders.
• Adhere to the IS project management methodology and portfolio management framework.
• Effectively manage handover of projects to operations support, as appropriate
• Manage project forecasting, budgeting and reporting as appropriate
• 2 years' minimum experience of business analysis within organisations
• Experience of Prince2/PMP/ITIL
• Experience of working within the O&G industry
• Basic understanding of Project Online
• Good communications skills
• Personable and approachable to both clients and co-workers
• Helpful, can do attitude
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.