Senior Operations Technician
Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Our client is looking for a Senior Operations Technician for a contract position, 2/2/2/4 Offshore Rotation.
This role is responsible for supporting the safe and efficient operation of platform plant and equipment to maximize and optimise production opportunities and achieve day-to-day production targets; this will include informing the operations team members to investigate anomalies and carry out routine and non-routine operational actions, to ensure the platform process and ancillary plant are operated in a safe and efficient manner
HSE* Critical Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company HSEQ procedures
- Conduct first line response to emergency situations, ensuring correct actions are taken and emergency response teams alerted.
- Carry out emergency response duties in accordance with platform Station Bill.
- Set exemplary standard of HSE to all colleagues
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level:
- Demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviours, ensuring that company, Safety, Security and Environmental expectations are communicated, maintained and implemented.
- Support the assets operation to ensure that production targets are achieved (production & environmental) and ensure losses are minimised.
- Operate, monitor and adjust production and injection well fluid flow and pressures, fluid separation vessels, produced water handling facilities, crude oil to export and gas compression and the treatment and distribution equipment and process (inclusive of process support systems).
- Report potential process safety and operational optimisation issues to the appropriate supervisory level.
- Monitor the preparation and status of isolations conducted and permits issued in compliance with SSOW.
- Carry out and log daily plant checks accurately with relevant data and information to assist with shift handover and scrutiny of historical events.
- Maintain Maximo reporting of defects in liaison with discipline technicians to ensure correct data is input and materials, resources and target dates are captured.
- Review operating parameters on the various monitoring systems regularly, looking for process anomalies and addressing these as necessary.
- Accountable for the management of control room alarms.
- Observe all platform activities in order to be able to make on-the-spot decisions regarding conflicting activities and plant control.
- Record all system overrides and inhibits, ensuring they are removed as soon as possible or initiating operational risk assessments as appropriate.
- Identify alarm reduction opportunities and suggest areas of focus for performance improvement.
- Ensure all pertinent tasks and plant status are logged with relevant data and information to assist with shift handover and scrutiny of historical events.
- Participate in safety auditing, permit audits and near miss reporting.
- Carry out radio operator duties for UHF & VHF sets in the CCR (central control room), liaising with marine vessels, deck crew and operations team members as necessary.
- Contribute to the production of all required permit to work associated documentation.
- Ensure all CCR documentation is maintained with the current revision
- Liaise with onshore team to ensure that they are aware of the status and process requirements.
- Demonstrate competence according to the competence profiles within the CAMS system.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
- Recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme preferred.
- Experience and proven track record of consistently good performance in a similar role, with experience of operating a complex hydrocarbon producing facility preferred.
- Experience of work preparation on complex systems advantageous.
- Experienced in use of PTW (ISSOW, P-Vision, etc) preferred.
- Experience as CRO or an Area Authority is preferred or is working towards these positions