Full Stack Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Advert / Media / Entertainment
Who we are: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world! We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you!) to join our team.
About the role: We're looking for a full stack engineer to join our growing engineering team, working with Product Managers and Designers to develop solutions that allow Sofar Sounds to put on hundreds of intimate concerts every week.
You'll work on a wide variety of projects that serve fans, artists, and event planners, as well as create a platform that will allow us to scale through our next phase of growth.
It's an exciting time to join as we enter a period of accelerated growth. You'll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties powering our growth.
What you'll do:
- Expand our events management platform - delivering an amazing experience for fans, from the moment they first encounter our content to when they attend one of our shows
- Create innovative features which support artists in growing their careers
- Design and implement scalable solutions, deploy them with a high level of confidence through testing and monitoring
- Collaborate with our UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve business needs
Who you are:
- Demonstrable commercial experience of developing full stack web applications
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Take responsibility for all phases of complex technical projects, from planning to delivery
- Write performant code and scale infrastructure
- Help define a technical vision for our applications
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills
- A passion for music and entertainment
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar
- Experience scaling a platform using microservices or other approaches
- Heroku / AWS
- Taken point on project
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members
Working here: Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development, not to mention, unlimited live music! Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.