Freight Operations Specialist 1
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Freight Operations Specialist I
WHY LAUNCH LOGISTICS?
Working at Launch Logistics is an ADVENTURE set in a stable and comfortable corporate environment. The Freight Operations Specialist I position is a rewarding business to business operations opportunity that allowsemployees to develop professionally while working in a collaborative team environment that offers recognition and advancement for those who perform. Our employees truly control their own destiny.
We buck the trend and strongly prefer to promote from within! While other companies look to the outside, we've followed this discipline since inception, which has created and maintained a true one-of-a-kind culture.
Launch Logistics is a high-growth logistics company. We continue to experience record-setting growth while dominating the market as one of the largest logistics firms in our space. That growth is a result of an active sales force, diligent account management, and personalized customer service. The Freight Operations Specialist I position is vital to both the account management and the customer service side of our business.
The Salt Lake City office serves as our Corporate Headquarters. This space is phenomenal and offers a high-energy work environment with state-of-the-art hardware/software and all of the amenities that today's business professional desires. The perfect mix of competitiveness and collaboration in this work hard, play hard culture creates a fun environment where you can be very successful while enjoying where you work. You will make friends here. (dszehs)
ROLE OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistent Monday-Friday work schedule, no nights or weekends
- Communicate daily with both customers and carrier partners
- Communicate internally with the sales team
- Maintain a high level of activity over the phone and through our CRM system
- Ability to research, identify and capitalize on profitable opportunities that are presented daily
- Ability to understand and negotiate with customers in relation to fees, products, and services
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers within each customer and territory
- 0 - 5 years of experience is ideal
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in communications, business, marketing, management or other business-related fields (preferred)
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Customer oriented mindset
- A competitive starting base salary with salary increases based on performance
- Dedicated training & management support
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate our 401(k) program
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. For over 30 years, Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers has been the trusted advisor for over 50,000 small business shipping customers, saving them money, time and hassle on all their shipping needs. We partner with carriers that include UPS®, Estes®, YRC Freight™ and Saia® and many more to handle our customers' small package and freight shipments. Last year Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers provided customers significant savings on more than 7.3 million shipments.
Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers offers customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for your global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest business partner in North America our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to a C-Level executive while letting UPS do what they do best, deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS WWE has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. We provide tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers strives to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources of Launch Logistics, LLC dba Unishippers.