Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
This Full-time position is in Gainesville, GA however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Across industries, manufacturers are looking for smarter ways to formulate their products in order to improve performance and/or gain total cost efficiencies. For decades, we've been reliably selecting, modifying and reacting various nature-based chemistries to create specific, innovative solutions for our industrial customers. We draw on the whole Cargill portfolio of products and services to create solutions to help our customers increase performance, and lower costs - all in a responsible, sustainable manner.
Shift: 2nd shift
* Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
* Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Operate production equipment in a safe and efficient manner and all associated equipment to produce quality product.
* Will troubleshoot equipment failures and perform minor maintenance on this equipment.
* Perform line changeovers as needed.
* Commit to learn all FSO initiatives. Forklift operation is mandatory for this position.
* Assist other operators as needed.
* Cross train in all areas as needed.
* Communicate with the line lead and/or supervisor to ensure overall success in all areas.
* Ensure all sanitation and cleaning daily and end of week tasks are being completed.
Other duties include:
* Operate/Troubleshoot/ Changeover Robotic Palletizer
* Supply packaging materials as necessary to own area as well as other areas
* Put Trash/Cardboard away (dispose in trash compactor/carboard bailer).
* Supply quality packaging materials that are in spec and meet standards
* Operator will label and scan in production coming off line using an RF Unit/ Warehouse system
* Operator will LOTO (Lockout/tagout) Trailers and unload pallet truck
* Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
* Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
* Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
* Must be able to operate machinery
* Must be able to read/write English
* High School diploma or Equivalent
* Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
* Forklift certified
* Basic computer skills
* Basic use of a computer and typing skills
* Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
* Experience with inventory system
* Prior experience in production related work
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.