Fleet Technician B - RFM
Reyes Fleet Management
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Job Contact: Click apply
A Fleet Mechanic B primarily focuses on the preventative maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. A B level Mechanic may occasionally be responsible for operating a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Mechanic. Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees' use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- Complete minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as roadworthy .
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year related experience.
- Must possess own tools.
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ASE Certifications.
- Trade school diploma or certification.
- Commercial Driver's License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.