Fleet Business Development Manager
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
My client has externally committed to be a proactive leader and participant of the energy transition, aiming to become a new zero company by the 2050 or sooner. One of my client's key metrics underpinning this aim is to build out an integrated electrification business in key regions globally across key user cases. A major component of that business is rolling out an EV network of at least 70,000 bp operated chargers by 2030 this is an integral part of my client's transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company.
In London my client has announced its plan to enable professional drivers using electric vehicles to access more affordable and reliable charging infrastructure through a series of rapid charging hubs. 2021 will focus on growing the network in London and entering several new cities in the UK and the rest of Europe.
The Fleet Business Development Manager will drive the acquisition of professional drivers to optimise utilisation of the growing city-wide EV hub networks. The EV hubs are a new solution that create an optimal charging experience for drivers and minimize their opportunity cost (prime locations, multiple charging bays and rapid charging). Professional drivers cover the B-B-C segment (ride-hailers and other digitally aggregated fleets) and the existing (and new) B2B fleets as they transition from ICE to EV vehicles. Through pulse, we are able to offer integrated EV charging solutions to these fleet customers, incorporating the EV hubs as an exclusive feature for selected customers. The management of more strategic B-B-C fleet accounts and access to the UK EV hub offer will be overseen by this role. Given the importance of supporting new and existing fleets as they transition from CE to EV, this role will need to work closely with my client's Fleet and Commercial teams, as well as Future Mobility strategic partnership team. This is with the end-goal of providing one integrated face to the customer
• Manage relationships for strategic B-B-C fleet accounts
• Manage portfolio of EV fleets that have access to the hubs ensuring the proposition of prime locations, availability and rapid charging resonates is what we deliver to the drivers
• Work collaboratively as a member of a multi-discipline team
• Dedicated link between Sales team and the M&C ESA Fleet Team
• Work closely with bp Future Mobility strategic partnership team to identify and support customer opportunities
• Responsible for seamless integration of the hub offer in new and existing Fleet offers
• Support the Senior Manager EV Fleet Hubs & pulse Network Expansion Lead with delivering in-year customer acquisition targets, while also planning and reporting against the 2025/2030 lookahead developing a UK roadmap for customer growth.
• Self-generate new business leads from prospecting activity and networking
• Develop and maintain a sales prospect pipeline to deliver profitable growth via new customer acquisition
• Understand Fuel & Charge card customer needs, identifying, characterising, developing and formulising specific/bespoke sources of value.
• Engage with the right stakeholders at the right level to steer and optimise all opportunities.
• Ensure customer account information and data is accurately captured and maintained according to designated business processes
• Prepare all business cases in line with established templates/models to the required standard with timely submission for appropriate sign off within DOA.
• Capture and feedback customer insights and market intelligence
Business degree or similar through experience
- Direct Sales experience, including business development.
- Strategic Account Management experience
- Experience in e-mobility industry or another industry which is similarly undergoing rapid changes in both technology and consumer behaviour
- Demonstrable financial awareness/ability to understand & apply financial modelling tools.
- Excellent communication and networking skills, ability to manage high level relationships
- Experienced negotiator with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills with an ability to understand new systems and processes.
- Influential team player
- Understanding of the B2B fuel cards business/market (preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Up to 50% travel required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.