Fire Risk Consultant
Anonymous 55000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Experienced and dedicated Fire Rick Consultant wanted to work in London and the Home Counties.
• To project manage a number of fire risk management contracts
• Ensure allocation of appropriately competent resource to individual contracts
• Arrange/organise programme of works for individual contracts
• Review/validate/audit/quality assure fire risk assessments
• Monitor performance of resource
• Manage customer expectations
• Carry out fire risk assessments & provide fire safety advice including developing strategies, policies and procedures as required
• Client management over a number of contracts
• Client/supplier invoicing
• Undertaking fire risk assessments in accordance with nationally recognised guidance in an appropriate format, to an accepted standard in a timely manner.
• Liaising with the fire safety co coordinator and head of fire safety to deliver risk assessments in line with our contractual requirements.
• Provide technical support and advice to team members as necessary
• Liaising with sub consultants.
• Attending client meetings when necessary.
• Undertake peer review/validation of others work where necessary
• Provide technical advice to clients.
• Manage the expectation of assigned clients
• Support others workloads in other areas
This is a dynamic business with emerging opportunities, as such the role may involve short to medium term engagements with clients utilising individual employees skill sets such as fire risk management consultancy services. These engagements will always be within the employee's skill sets. On occasion out of areas travel and overnight stays may be required, this will be by prior agreement.
You must have a full clean driving license and access to your own vehicle and be willing to travel throughout London as part of your day to day working activity. There will be occasions where you will need to travel into the home counties to undertake site based inspections.
To be successful in your application for our position you will need to be fully conversant with current fire safety legislation and technical standards as well as a full understanding of current fire safety issues, trends and best practice.
It is essential that you have completed a series of nationally recognised training courses and/or be listed on the national recognised register of fire risk assessors and have the desire to become 3rd party certificated under a UKAS accredited fire risk assessor competency scheme.
As a self-starter, you will confident in making contact with clients and their building managers and be able to manage your own workload