Financial Call Center Representative
Troy, Michigan, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Overview of Responsibilities: Delivers the desired member experience by providing high quality service by telephone, e-mail, and fax, including using active listening to identify and address/resolve member needs and cross sell products and services in order to deepen member relationships. Works as a productive, cooperative, and engaged team member to serve members and reach individual and Call Center team goals.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
· Consults with members to obtain information and explain available financial services. Effectively listens for cues and reviews account data to determine the nature and extent of members' needs, resolve problems, and suggest appropriate products and services.
· Provides routine information related to the credit union's services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts, insurance programs, loan policies, interest rates, current dividend rates, wire transfers, locations and office hours, and promotes virtual services channels.
· Performs a broad range of member service and teller functions including accurately processing savings, draft/checking, and certificate (CD) account transfers; assisting with setting up the credit union's automated services, processing address changes, check orders, and reorders; offering loan quotes, calculations, and rates; generating loan applications, entering application data with accompanying notes, and making loan payments.
· Inputs loan applications and determines if loans meet the criteria to process immediately. Accurately prepares and processes loan requests. Sets up closing date and provides instructions concerning documents needed to complete the closing process. Reviews applications and calls on loans not closed.
· Assists members with completing all arrangements and documents for automated services such as direct deposit, payroll deduction, automated teller machines (ATM), and audio response services. Assists with ordering Debit/Credit Cards and PIN numbers, audio access response PIN numbers, and Internet Banking.
· Mails IRA and certificate of deposit account applications and related documents. Processes deposits and/or distribution of funds to members' accounts for IRA and CD transactions.
· Answers and returns all correspondence within established regulations, procedures, and performance and productivity standards.
· Understands and follows the credit union's policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Assists other departments and branch offices as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Member Focus: Builds strong member relationships (internal/external) by using active listening skills to gain insight into member needs, identifying opportunities to benefit the member, efficiently resolving problems, and providing superior quality service. Behavior consistently demonstrates engagement with members and commitment to credit union initiatives.
· Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
· Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers communications (verbal, including via phone, and written) that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Instills Trust: Gains the confidence of others by modeling honesty, integrity, authenticity, and behaviors that align with organizational values. Exemplifies courage by stepping up to address difficult issues.
· Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using formal and informal development channels.
· Ability to collect and analyze data with average reasoning and mathematical ability.
· Ability to work in a highly organized environment with audible distractions requiring extended periods at a fixed workstation.
· Proficient with technology and software including Microsoft Office and other standard office equipment.
Essential Preparation and Training:
· High school diploma or GED; and
· Either of the following experience within a fast-paced customer service environment:
o 1 year of experience within a financial institution, or
o 2 years of experience within a call center with sales or production goals
· Suggestive selling and business solicitation experience in a financial institution preferred.
· Office and branch location environment with little discomfort from noise, extreme temperature, dust, or other factors.
· Occasionally required to travel throughout the credit union's service area as business needs require.
· Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, such as robbery. Receives detailed instructions and security procedures on an annual basis to minimize risk.
· This work involves sitting most of the time with brief periods of walking or standing and may occasionally require lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.