Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Management and coordination of operational engineering support activities across operated assets utilising colleagues, other supporting functions, and internal/external service providers as required to ensure asset integrity and reliability is maintained whilst maximizing value to the business.
- Work within and comply with the assigned Client's HSSE and Management systems
- Provide an engineering interface with operations, service providers, design authorities, engineering/integrity contractors and other stakeholders in the definition, development and execution of operational engineering activities.
- Responsible developing the Scope of Requirements and business justification for all MoCs which are classed as Technical Change. Appointed initiator of all technical change proposals. Ensure the UKBU Technical Change Procedure is applied consistently to all changes across assets.
- Lead individual Repair Order and Fabric Maintenance scoping activity. Support scope development and construct ability review to ensure services requirements are optimsed for each event/project/initiative.
- Liaise with peers and stakeholders such as subject specialists and discipline Technical Authorities to deliver an integrated, effective and efficient technical solution that is fit for purpose for the Asset.
- Ensure that impact assessments (encompassing both safety & business risks) for operational engineering activities are assessed and that appropriate mitigations are taken for effective Management of Change control.
- Liaise with the engineering contractor to define and develop workscopes as per the agreed Scope of Requirements and then act as the first point of contact for review of the workpacks and commissioning statements provided by the engineering contractor or wider team to ensure they are fit for purpose and represent value for money before distribution for TA and/or offshore approval.
- Provide accurate reporting on execution status and backlog management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual Brownfield Management Continuous Improvement Plan which includes optimisation of contracting strategies and structured improvements on work management and overall execution efficiency
- Demonstrable experience with an EPC contractor
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years.) at supervisor level on EPC contracts (in either a client or contractor role)
- Direct experience of Brownfield Minor mods & RO's within the oil and gas industry and in working on term contracts, projects and TAR
- Proven track record in monitoring and driving contractor efficiency
- Proven track record in delivering allocated targets
Proven track record in influencing and in delivering business expectations
- Good understanding of Construction techniques, Rigging, Plating, Pipefitting, Inspection, Electrical
- A strong leadership drive, with the ability to manage operational challenges
- Resource management and an aptitude for working with stakeholders and clients
- Ability to drive behaviour change at all levels within the organisation utilising strong interpersonal skills to champion delivery through others
- Engineering Degree qualified plus relevant operational and project delivery experience
- Knowledge of CMMS systems (Maximo)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.