Experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant - ASAP Start
Veritas Education Recruitment
salary: 80.00 British Pound . GBP Daily
Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
At Veritas we are working with a number of SEN schools across Leeds who are seeking learning support assistants to start as soon as possible.
As an SEN learning support assistant you will be:
* supporting SEN pupils often on a one to one basis
* you will encourage students to engage proactively with their learning and depending on their individual needs will be helping them with their social and emotional skills
* you will be responsible in helping to provide a safe environment for the pupils
* You will assist the teacher with their general learning and development and working with the teacher to monitor their progress
* You may also be required to accompany pupils to therapy sessions if required
* You will be confident managing challenging behaviour
Ideally you will already have some experience of working with pupils with learning difficulties and you may have already have training in working with SEN pupils. **Team Teach Training (behaviour management and positive handling) is essential to the roles we have available - we do offer this training if it is needed**
All candidates will need to have a DBS on the update service - if you do not have one you will need to apply for one which you can do so through Veritas.
At Veritas we pride ourselves on providing an honest and reliable recruitment service through designated consultants, we also offer attractive rates of pay and offer full support from start to finish of your placement. On many occasions contracted placements develop into permanent positions.
If you wish to be considered please respond to this advert by sending your up to date CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
* All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
* You must have legal right to work in the UK
* You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community