San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Experienced Associate (San Francisco, CA)
GCA is a leading global investment banking firm serving growth companies through M&A, capital market financing, private funds, and restructuring advisory services. Our 250+ professionals possess deep expertise in a range of industries, including technology, software, media, digital media, communications, industrials and industrial technology, healthcare, financial services, and business services. The firm was founded in 2003 by senior investment banking professionals who were formerly with premier Wall Street firms including Morgan Stanley, Robertson Stephens, Goldman Sachs, and JP Morgan. As an independent firm, GCA does not experience conflicts arising from research and trading-related activities, which allows us to focus exclusively on providing the highest quality advice to our clients. Since inception, the firm has completed over 550 advisory assignments and expanded from our original San Francisco headquarters to 15 offices across the US, Europe and Asia.
Associates assume a critical role in the entire transaction process, including the initial pitch, due diligence, creating detailed financial models used for valuation, preparing marketing documents (including management presentations, confidential information memoranda, fairness opinions and board presentations), conducting financial and industry due diligence, supporting senior bankers in relationship management, and mentoring and developing analysts.
Associates work on a variety of transactions, M&A advisory assignments, private equity placements, and strategic options studies. Our small deal teams and our focus on middle-market, high-growth companies afford Associates the unique opportunity to work directly with senior-level client executives and top-level bankers.
- Work closely with senior bankers and client management teams on engagements related to mergers and acquisition advisory services, capital formation and other strategic advisory work
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative analyses and presentation materials
- Construct and maintain financial models for M&A and financing scenarios
- Develop client presentations and transaction-related documents
- Research and assimilate market data related to public and private companies
- Maintain a positive and supportive firm culture, focused on the effective delivery of world-class service to our clients
- 1+ years' experience as an Investment Banking Associate is REQUIRED
- MBA preferred; outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative capability
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of basic accounting, financial and valuation concepts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal style
- A team player attitude. Someone who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-performance work environment
- Ability to demonstrate GCA values and behaviors (e.g. honesty, integrity, work ethic)
- Desire to learn