Estimator - Commercial Construction
TEEL Construction, Inc.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1987, TEEL Construction, Inc. has provided general contracting and construction management services to Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., and beyond. Our construction projects have allowed our customers to experience TEEL's commitment to the highest-quality of construction. This commitment, complete with integrity, dependability and excellence in service, provide a foundation on which relationships are built.
Estimate and bid profitable construction projects without sacrificing the company's commitment to quality and profitability. Cultivate new and existing relationships with company stakeholders including Owners, Architects, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
Specific Daily Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates on all projects assigned
- Review new bid requests daily and assign to assistant estimator
- Initiate sales calls to past customers and current prospects
- Detail and review bids for special requirements or materials of the project
- Solicit and receive subcontractor quotes
- Evaluate subcontractor quotes and choose which subcontractors to use, while addressing general subcontractor questions
- Communicate with Project Management to accurately determine a realistic schedule
- Assist with pre-construction services
- Assist in early buy out of jobs
- Assist project management team in providing conceptual budgets
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- 3-8 years of experience in Commercial Construction Estimating.
- 5+ years of Commecial Construction Experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.