Enterprise Account Representative - Dallas
Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a Enterprise Account Rep, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Professional Services to a few, large Enterprise customers. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling Products and Services. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determining if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and services.
- Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned region, working closely with District Managers, Sales Representatives, and channel partners. Occasional travel outside of region required.
- A strong understanding of the sales process
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies including account segmentation, products, marketing strategies, etc.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, and employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
- May supervise other less senior members within same function.
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled