Engineer Sr - Reliability
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Groton, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Etho's & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/Life Cycle Development Department (D408) has an opening for an experienced Engineer to support Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) tasking on current and future programs.
RAM tasking plays an important role in the development, evaluation, verification and validation of the solution created by the Design-Build-Sustain (DBS) process. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- The setting of RAM design goals from platform requirements using computer modeling, simulation and allocation
- The development of system and component level RAM predictions based on selected design solutions
- The analysis of failure modes and impact on mission and safety requirements
- The evaluation of Fleet maintenance data to support Reliability Growth Analysis and provide assurance that requirements are being met
- Completion of RAM studies as part of DBS evaluation of trade space and assessment of alternatives
- Formulating inputs to downstream ILS processes that influence ship operating procedures, maintenance plans, and logistics support
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate should have practical experience in design, test, operations or analysis of military or space systems, particularly submarine systems.
- Experience that involves performance of trade studies, evaluation of integrated hardware and software systems, and development of system-level documentation.
- Hands-on experience with operation, testing and troubleshooting of submarine systems.
- A practical working knowledge of design documentation (i.e., system diagrams and descriptions, procurement specifications, etc.).
- Candidate should possess an understanding of the Design-Build-Sustain system development process
- Strong written, communication, and organizational skills are necessary
- The candidate must be able to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to independently facilitate team meetings is required