Anonymous 60000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Our client is a leading clean technology firm operating across Battery Energy Storage, Smart Grid, Demand response and distributed energy resource Management.
They're currently looking for an Energy Trader to join their new Optimisation Team. The Team has been recently set up, with the aim of maximising revenue, achievable across several different Distributed Energy Resources.
The Energy Trader will play a pivotal role and work closely with the analysis and asset management functions to ensure assets are optimised across various markets.
The successful Energy Trader will work will show outstanding trading experience within the UK energy markets.
Key Performance Indicators are Revenue/MW/Year achieved per asset class.
The Energy Trader will lead the market bidding/tendering activity for all services/revenue streams, the scheduling of assets based on the agreed strategy and trading/dispatching in the short-term markets (e.g. balancing mechanism, intraday markets, day-ahead markets).
In particular, the candidate should have a passion to learn more about the power industry's transition to a low carbon economy.
* Active trading (i.e. bidding and dispatching) of assets in short-term markets (day-ahead, intraday, balancing mechanism, imbalance energy)
* Bid/tender for all services in the UK
* Schedule the programmes/services and run them as per agreed strategy
* Create trading excellence
* Go-to person for all matters of trading for internal and external customers
Skills & Aptitude
* Highly motivated and driven individual
* Trading acumen, including hands-on trading desk experience
* Entrepreneurial, with experience in conceiving and then managing deliverables through to successful execution
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Blake, or send us your CV