Encryption Engineer - Relocation to Phoenix, AZ Required
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Help us re-think what it means to be a secure insurance provider delivering capabilities in a fast-changing, highly competitive market.
CSAA Insurance Group is a home and auto insurance provider to AAA members across the country and our mission is to be there when our members need us. That includes keeping their and our data safe and secure! Use your expertise as an Encryption Engineer to help us craft the next generation of our IT Security program.
In this role, you will serve as a consultant to departments and groups to develop security controls, defenses and countermeasures to ensure least-privilege access or to intercept and prevent internal or external breaches.
In collaboration with your peers, you will develop, maintain and publish corporate information security standards, procedures and guidelines for the organizations computing platforms.
What you will do:
- You will apply expanded knowledge, analysis, and tools to figure out IT security solutions. Proficient at leading all phases of projects, programs and initiatives of diverse scope and complexity.
- Responds to computer security incidents according to the computer security incident response policy. Provides direction and guidance to first responders for handling information security incidents when needed. Coordinates efforts among multiple business units during response efforts. Provides timely and meaningful updates to appropriate colleagues and decision makers to help improve information security posture.
- Designs, revises and enhances metrics to increase effectiveness. Compiles and analyzes data for management reporting and metrics. Validates and maintains incident response plans and processes to address potential threats.
- Stay relevant and expand your knowledge while you Monitor information security related websites to stay up to date on current attacks and trends. Analyzes potential impact of new threats and communicates risks to relevant business units.
- Establish relationships while working with colleagues from multiple user communities to understand their security needs. Recommends and implements information security solutions for critical elements of the business. Contributes to company wide security architecture and solutions.
- Researches, designs, and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the organization and its customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Ensures program compliance to information sharing initiatives, identity & privacy (PII) issues, information security and assurance policies, and federal guidance and standards.
- Provide internal security consulting for highly complex application development, database design, network, and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams stay in sync with organization and IT security policies, insurance regulations, and standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Use your knowledge to provide formal and informal training coaching and mentoring to lower level staff.
- Actively contribute to innovation efforts that support the alignment of security and IT technologies to business requirements with focus on user experience, performance, ROI, and TCO.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- SAS Certification
- Expertise in account management, password auditing, network based and Web application based vulnerability scanning, virus management and intrusion detection.
- Technical expertise in systems administration and security tools, combined with the knowledge of security methods and procedures.
- Able to work with a changing schedule that includes standard or non-standard business hours of work.
- Ability to enable and build security controls which protect the applications from attacks on various platforms and technologies:
- Linux, Windows, VMWare, OpenStack, SDN, Public cloud like AWS, Google
- Web technologies - HTTP, SOAP, REST services, AJAX
- Databases - Oracle, MS SQL, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Caching services and messaging systems - Kafka, MQ
- Integration with Cybersecurity tools - IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, WAF
- Deep knowledge with HSMs, Tokenization systems, data encryption solutions from Safenet, Vormetric etc
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.