Embedded System Engineer
Trident Consulting Inc.
Santa Clara, California, United States
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Trident Consulting is seeking "Embedded System Engineer" with one of our clients in Santa Clara, CA-"A global leader in business and technology services"
Position:Embedded System Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration:Full time role
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to design, prototype and implement new capabilities for the monitoring fabric. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in developing innovative solutions for networking equipment or other embedded systems devices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, fast paced start-up environment.
- Work closely in a cross functional team environment to prototype proof of concepts, draft functional specifications, design documents, and implement solutions.
- Work closely with product management organization to evangelize solutions and ensure they are scheduled for upcoming releases.
- Develop embedded system software modules and high performance algorithms for packet processing provisioning engine.
- Enhance and maintain a set of core object oriented libraries responsible for provisioning the monitoring fabric.
- Design and write packet-processing engines for multi-chip chassis solutions focused on high-capacity clustered environments.
- Contribute to overall product requirements and design.
- BSEE/CS with minimum 10+ years of experience
- Experience working with Data-path programming using third party vendor chips like Broadcom, Dune, Cavium.
- Hands-on experience with device driver programming.
- Hands-on experience developing complex packet processing algorithms for embedded systems.
- Experience developing system level software in Linux/Unix development environment is required.
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems, high availability software, multi-core/multi-threaded systems is preferred
- Strong back-ground in networking software with working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, SNMP), switching (802.1X) and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS...)
- Knowledge and experience working with configuration management (CLI, REST-API), controller software and large scale distributed databases is a plus
- Experience working with Security and authentication (AAA, TACACS, RADIUS, RBAC, VPNs) related features is a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux or any RTOS preferred.
- Proactive problem solver with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Trident Consulting handles the staffing and management of part or all of the recruitment process for our customers wishing to outsource their staffing requirements. From job profiling, providing new staff, technology, to on boarding a new hire we support our customers in their future business needs.
Our Client is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Check out this link for our latest Jobs -
6990 Village Pkwy Dublin, CA 94568
Email:- provided by Dice Data Path, TCP/IP, Linux, Switching