Embedded Software Engineer - Linux
Theale, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Embedded Software Engineer (Linux) - Berkshire - To C£50K + Benefits.
A proficient Embedded C Software Engineer with hands-on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux operating systems and with a good appreciation of hardware will join an established technology company, a leading manufacturer of single board computer products. A competitive salary package will be offered.
The ideal Embedded Software Engineer will bring:
* A Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or similar.
* Strong Embedded C skills.
* In-depth knowledge of real Time Device Drivers for Linux or similar.
* Good knowledge of ARM, PowerPC, x86 or other large CPU architecture.
* A good appreciation of hardware.
* Some knowledge of High-Speed Ethernet networking protocols and infrastructure.
* Programming for parallel processor architectures beneficial.
This Embedded Software Engineer role offers the chance to work on challenging customer issues. You'll be both a team player and be able to work independently as well as having excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will enjoy a small company environment, although they are facilities in the USA and India.
Relocation assistance will be offered ( if applicable) with benefits to include Private Medical Cover and Private Pension Scheme