Electrical Test & Inspection Engineer
Ambitek Limited 29000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Crewe, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer
responsible for repair and calibration of instruments used in control, measurement and analysis of low pressure gas systems
including gas analysers, mass spectrometers, pressure transducers, mass
flow meters, and vacuum pumps.
What skills, Qualifications & experience are required?
* Receive item of instrumentation (transducer and electronics control box)
* Evaluate the fault, compare with customers described fault.
* Prepare a quote for the work involved.
* Request any parts not available from stock
* Repair the unit, replace assemblies & components etc
* test the complete system, adjust to meet spec. using our software, oscilloscopes and test meters
* produce calibration record and fault report
* prepare for return back to customer
* Minimum requirement of HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and / or equivalent science related qualification.
* Excellent interpersonal / communication skills. required to liaise with customers, other subsidiaries, co-workers and vendors.
* To be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
* Ability to multitask and prioritise jobs with changing customer demands.
* Computer literate - An understanding of computer hardware, networking and software including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
* Fault finding / diagnostic skills down to component level.
* The ability to read technical drawings / electronic schematics.
* Previous Mass Spectrometry and vacuum engineering experience is advantageous, although not essential.
Hours of work: 8.00am-4.15pm Monday - Thursday & 8.00am-3.00pm Friday, plus any additional hours required to meet service requirements.
Basic Pay: 29k
Duration of the work: permanent
Location: Our client is based fairly centrally to Crewe and have excellent links to the motorway
Why should you apply for this role?
Our client is part of a global brand who have clean and modern facilities, they can offer excellent training and a permanent position.
A bit about Ambitek
Ambitek is a leading provider of staff to the manufacturing and engineering sectors for over 10 years and have numerous offices across the UK. Due to the volume of applicants for some roles it is not always possible to give feedback however we will always keep any relevant cv's on file and contact you about other vacancies that may come up that we think may be of interest.
To apply please forward your cv in word format